Software programming - open-source code provided :
Summary [descriptions, links] for only a few of these systems have been done, so welcom to a system-tracing challenge...
11Sep2018 Other [comments, maybe some coding] to follow at some point...(LibreOffice macros are probably here somewhere, Open Porous Media (OPM) reservoir simulation, ...) Note that I have never [trained, worked] as a professional programmer. I often had to write code to [bridge gaps, circumvent, augment, collaborate, replace] "mainframe MJIS systems", using whatever tools were on hand to get the job done.
Q'Nial programming language - programs etc - This link provides a directory listing. :
- symbolic processing for arrays (limited)
- system to ([extract, translate] cart [nomenclature, symbols]) of [science, math] step-by-step derivations (11Sep2018 in use - but much more development to go)
- mass email system for [preparing emails, cleaning up responses, maintaining lists, policies and approvals process] (11Sep2018 long-term use since ~2009?, but still evolving)
- commodity chemical market research examples (very old)
- computer [startup, backup] system (now I use linux bash)
- customized general utilities for [text, fileops, structured programming, etc] (like standard C libraries but infinitely smaller!)
- video production system (11Sep2018 I think I posted this already elsewhere on my site?)
Linux bash scripts - directory listing. Includes [my sytem maintenance, startup scripts, backups, email system scripts] (10Sep2018 - more explanations to come)
LibreOffice macros - while the macros listed have been posted, only in some cases have I posted an example spreadsheet that can use the macro (maybe some other day). These go into your directory "~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/basic".
- bank account transaction auto-coding (with example spreadsheet - ?06Nov2020 I've lost the file?)
- [TimeLog, ToDos, Calander, Month-count] time [tracking, planning, updating] system (macros are there, but example not posted yet)
- Remove images from [Calc, Write] files
- Calc sheet filtering
- INNS mass email system - some processing of the spreadsheets (?I forget what?)
- Later some time -> other systems
13Apr2020 Here are just a few examples :
- Construction of Software/ Hardware Tools for Technical Modelling and MIS Support -
Chemical process flowsheets were modelled using a sophisticated internal ICI process engineering package (similar to Aspen), which few employees outside of Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI)'s
central engineering in Toronto had mastered. This was accomplished with minimal support.
- Automated downloading and analysis/filing of emails between
mini-VAX and PCs was instituted for subsequent home-made text retrieval analysis. Also, communications protocols were developed and implemented for quick downloading of NRCan's MIS information for automated analysis by families of spreadsheets incorporating "real-world" sales data.
- Scientific lab personnel evaluations -
Information from [MIS, text, spreadsheets, web-sites, internal newsletters] was combined to assist managers' assessents of [scientists, engineers, technicians] in a research lab.
- Open Porous Media (OPM) reservoir simulation package -
I worked 6nths full-time on a project to port OPM from Unix to Linux Mint Debian Edition. There was an easy port to Ubuntu inux, but without full features. The project was terminated when my brother found a much broader commercial SW package that he leased.